• Facilitated the attraction / expansion of 61 companies to date.
• New Total Jobs Supported: 17,125
• Capital Investment: $754.1 million
• Total Value of Economic Impact: $2.4 billion
• Nearly 80% of the projected capital investment is in targeted, higher-wage industries.
• TREO works with both existing and new companies considering relocation and/or expansion. Specific activities associated with each include:
• Central Coordination of ACA Tools for Southern Arizona
• Facility Start-Up Assistance
• Employee Relocation Assistance/Soft Landing Program
• Supply Chain Assistance
• Client Site Visits
Click here for a map of major projects.
• Developed and launched “Arizona Sun Corridor: Open for Business” job development program in partnership with the Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Yuma, Flagstaff and Pinal County to recruit California companies to the region. This program was renewed and expanded in 2011.
• Launched the region’s Economic Blueprint, defining Southern Arizona’s economic vision to effectively position the Tucson region to capitalize on its best economic development opportunities in the coming decades. TREO involved nearly 6,000 people/organizations in development of the Blueprint, representing the broadest possible range of community interests - public, private, and non profit. The Blueprint serves as our strategy and guide for our work plan year to year.
• Served as the region’s primary marketing agency for business development, annually conducting a National Marketing/PR Campaign resulting in significant exposure of Tucson as a business center. More than 740 articles have appeared in print and online via local, regional, national business and industry publications on Tucson’s regional economic development efforts. To date, the total impressions / circulation of coverage generated from this effort is 49.2 million.
• Built key relationships with 2,500 Site Selectors and corporate real estate personnel, TREO’s main client base, via web marketing, newsletters, site visits, trade shows, and direct mail.
• Played a key role in economic development policy-making. Examples include the successful passage of SB 1403 (Quality Jobs Through Renewable Energy) legislation and policy solutions that are reflected in the structure of the new Arizona Commerce Authority.
• Based on sound industry-specific studies such as the Aerospace & Defense Cluster Development Strategy and the Bioscience Perception Study, developed strategies to capitalize on the region’s strong assets in key growth areas.
• Played a key role in advocating for Pima County’s acquisition of adequate land around Raytheon Missile Systems to provide a buffer for its testing operations.
• Completed the Shovel Ready Program which allows TREO to certify that properties are guaranteed to receive a certificate of occupancy in 90 days..